The trek route offers a breathtaking view of snowy mountains, peaks, deodar & pine forest, waterfalls, bugyals (high altitude meadow), wildlife and rare Himalayan birds.
Breif Description Of The Program : The trek route offers a breathtaking view of snowy mountains, peaks, deodar & pine forest, waterfalls, bugyals (high altitude meadow), wildlife and rare Himalayan birds. One can view the majestic peaks of Swragarohini, Bandarpoonch and Kala Nag from a close range. For ages, the land has been known for temples and shrines with sacred mythological attachments. Duryodhana, the eldest of Kauravas, is worshipped here. This trek route is virtually a paradise for the botanists, bird watchers, photographers, nature lovers, foot loose trekkers and anyone connected with nature in exploring and learning in an unconventional way.
Mandatory : Trekking Medical Certificate will be compulsory at the time of reporting only (with 30 days of validity ) duly signed by registered Medical Practitioner (MBBS / MD only) along with his registration no. and stamp. Please bring xerox copy of Admit card, Membership Card, ID Proof Card and Medical Certificate (Orginal).
Schedule Of Programme :
Day 1 : Reporting at Sankri Base Camp (Help will be given by YHAI Representative at Dehradun Busstand to comute towards Sankri, Uttarakhand)
Day 2 : Orientation, Training and acclimatization walk.
Day 3 : Trek from Sankri to Juda Talav -Trek of 4 Km will take approx 4 Hours- Height – 8700 ft’approx.
Day 4 : Trek from Juda Talav to Luhasu (Kedarkantha Base) –Trek of 7Km will take 5 Hours -Height 10250 ft’ approx.
Day 5 : Trek from Luhasu to Summit Kedarkantha-Trek of 4 Km will take 3 Hours – Height 12500 ft’ and return back to Luhasu for hot Lunch and descend to Argoan Camp.
Day 6 : Argoan Camp to Sankri Base Camp – Trek of 5 Km will take 4 Hours followed by Certificate Distribution and Recreation Activity.
Day 7 : Checkout from Sankri after breakfast.
Name Of The Program Corrdinator : Mr. Navin Tiwari
Contact Number : 7827999000,01145999024 (Call Between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Who can Participate : The minimum and maximum age for an YHAI member to join the program is 18 years to 60 Years, YHAI membership is mandatory to participate. This condition will be adhered to strictly. Under age and over age will not be considered in any case. Members desirous of joining this programme may apply online duly supported by a “Trekking Medical Certificate”
How To Reach :
By Air : The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, which lies approximately 54 kilometres away from base camp and offers daily flights from New Delhi. From Dehradun YHAI representative (available at main bus stand at Dehradun) will guide to reach Sankri. Buses timing will be at 7.30 am from Dehradun Bus Stand to Sankri.
By Road : Being a popular tourist destination, Dehradoon is well-connected with a network of buses & taxis. From Dehradun YHAI representative (available at main bus stand at Dehradun) will guide to reach Sankri. Buses timing will be at 7.30 am from Dehradun Bus Stand to Sankri.
By Train : Dehradun is well connected by Train network. Participants may select suitable trains. From Dehradun YHAI representative (available at main bus stand at Dehradun) will guide to reach Sankri. Buses timing will be at 7.30 am from Dehradun Bus Stand to Sankri.
How To Join : Members desirous of joining this program may apply online through our website www.yhaindia.org, or, through offline mode by sending the prescribed registration form duly supported by a Medical Certificate, along with a DD amount 9000/- of requisite amount in favor of “Youth Hostels Association of India”, payable at New Delhi. Members can also apply through the State Branch or Local Unit of YHAI.
Below are the account details to deposit the fees in offline mode:
Name of the Account: Youth Hostels Association of India
Account Number: 1736000100169954
Note : Booking is based on first come first serve basis. All Offline Booking confirmation is subject to availability of seats. Without “Admit Card” do not claim your registration as confirmed.
Food & Water Supplies : Simple, nutritious & sumptuous meals.
Accommodation Facilities : Built up Dormitory/Tented Accommodations.
What Participants Should Bring Along :
1. Trekking Shoes (Preferably Water proof, highankle, & Nonskid).
2. Sandal or Chappal (Washable & quick dry).
3. Socks- Cotton & woolen 4 pair (One pair only for night time).
4. Trousers (Light weight, no jeans, no cargo preferably quick dry).
5. Inner Garments (as per requirement).
6. Cotton T-shirts (Full & Half sleeves both).
7. Trek Suite (Complete set).
8. Wind Cheater(Upper & Lower with hoods, preferable water repelled).
9. Rain Coat Set.
10. Sweater or Woolen Jersey.
11. Good quality Jacket.
12. Woolen & Water proof Gloves.
13. Bandana or Throat Cover.
14. Sun Cap & Woolen Cap.
15. Sun Glass (Polarized will be best).
16. Walking Stick.
17. Ruck Sack (If you have good one, otherwise will be provided by YHAI).
18. Torch (With spare cells).
19. Water Bottle & Water Purifier.
20. Lunch Box,leak proof (For Packed Lunch).
21. Plate, Mug, Spoon.
22. Needle & Thread with spare Buttons.
23. Toilet paper.
24. Towel, Soap.
25. Boroline, Vaseline, Sun protection Cream (SPF 30 & above).
26. Pen & Note Book.
27. Medicine (As per your personal requirement).
28. Camera with spare cells (Optional).
Notice to Participants : YHAI membership card or Receipt of payment for membership fees and Admit card, original “Trekking Medical Certificate” & two latest “Passport Size Photographs” is must to enter into the Base Camp. Without these documents participating members will not be allowed at Base Camp.
Safety & Security : Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of trekking route for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and any type of unforeseen eventualities.
Special Casual leave : The Trekking Expedition organized by Youth Hostels Association of India has the approval of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Dept. of Personnel And Training), Government of India, vide Office Order no. 28016/3/89-Estt (A), Dated 25 October, 1989. Participants working in the Central Govt. Organization can apply to the authorities concerned for availing special casual leave for the duration of the expedition. This leave can be sanctioned by their office up to 30 days in calendar year.
Justice TPS Chawla Scholarship for underprivileged Girls: YHAI announced Justice T.P.S. Chawla Memorial Adventure Scholarship for underprivileged girls for participation in YHAI adventure activities. Girls whose family income is less than Rs.100000/- p.a. can avail this scholarship. Applicant has to submit the salary certificate/ PAN Card copy of their parents. In case of Business, she has to submit their income on an affidavit. Deserving participants may apply to the National Office YHAI supported by relevant document / certificates.
Off the beaten Siddharth Scholarship for underprivileged Young Men & Women :YHAI announced 50% Off the Beaten Track Siddharth Scholarship of the program fee to provide underprivileged Young Men & Women less than 30 years of age with an opportunity to participate in outdoor adventure activities/ programs by YHAI in various parts of the country. Underprivileged Young Men & Women whose family income is less than Rs. 250000/- p.a can avail this scholarship by applying to the National Office YHAI supported by relevant document (SALARY CERTIFICATE & PAN CARD DETAILS) & certificates through their respective State Branch.
Cancellation Policy :
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2023. The request for cancellation or transfer or postponement must be received by us by email or any written mode before 7 days from the reporting date of your program. After that no request of transfer or refund or postponement will be considered. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of a seat and credit shell will be provided only.
2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2023.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) If the trekker opts for the same programme that was cancelled, he/she will not be charged extra even if the price goes up next year.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also.